Watch me @ 3 Playball programme overview
A healthy balance is maintained between fun and learning as your child is introduced to basic movement and sport development skills which will lay the foundation for future, successful sports participation.
As this is often your child's first encounter within a formal environment, learning will also be directed towards improving concentration and listening skills.
The Watch me @ 3 programme covers the following areas:
- Coaching all basic sports skills with the emphasis on a measure of competence involving the grip/foot position, body position, head position and the action/movement to the ball/object (this is the first introduction of the Playball Focus Points - PFPs - which are engrained in all subsequent programmes).
- Continued development of your child's enjoyment of sport.
- Confidence to participate in sporting activities and games.
- Social integration with other children
- Development of concentration and listening skills
Fundamental skill categories:
|Rolling||Crawling/creeping||Rolling a ball|
|Stretching||Jumping from height||Hitting|
Life orientation principles encouraged:
|Positive relationships||Positive attitude||Discipline|
|Social respect||Positive work ethic||Decision-making|
|Respect for property||Persistence||Concentration|
Class sizes and duration:
- Maximum of 6-8 children per class.
- 45 min - 60 min (location dependent)