2 Can Do Playball programme overview
Our focus is on laying the basic foundation of movement in order to enable your child to accomplish more challenging sport-related skills as they progress through the Playball programmes.
A two year old is still discovering the wonderful things their bodies can do and need lots of practice in basic building blocks like locomotion, balance etc, which is why we focus on:
- Delivering an active start to structured, fun (but formalised) lessons.
- Enrichment of movement experience and participation.
- Motor planning, core strength, balance, stretching, spatial awareness, running, jumping, concept formation and object manipulation.
Through lots of exploration and discovery, we work in a creative way to encourage your child to:
- Move more freely
- Stretch their physical boundaries
- Develop spatial awareness
- Perform 'big' motor movements
- Develop counting, colour recognition and word familiarisation
- Emphasis is on participation and not competence at this early stage
- Ensure your child's first experience of Playball is positive and exciting
Fundamental skill categories:
|Rolling||Crawling||Rolling a ball|
Life orientation principles encouraged:
|Positive relationships||Positive attitude||Discipline|
|Social respect||Positive work ethic||Decision-making|
|Adaptability||Persistence||Concentration and focus|
Class sizes and duration:
- Maximum of 6-8 children per class.
- 30 min - 45 min (location dependent)